Saturday, March 12, 2011

Should I lift weights if I have body aches?

I lifted on Monday and felt great. Then on Tuesday I felt great for the first have of the day but I did not work out because I want my muscles to repair themselves. However, I took a nap for 4 hours because my classes were over by 11:50am. When I woke up my muscles hurt a little bit, like when you work out then sleep then wake up. I thought they were sore because I lifted the previous day. Then towards night on Tuesday, I started getting body aches like when I'm about to get a fever. It felt like my back was cold and hot at the same time. My arms and legs hurt. I slept and this morning on Wednesday, I still felt the body aches in the morning and I did cardio for my life fitness class. Then I took a 3 hour nap, and now I just woke up and I feel better. I still have a bit of body aches and I am coughing a little bit. I took my protein shake. Now I don't know if I should work out today? Like intensely for 2 hours. I was going to work out chest and arms with free weights, but I don't know if I should if I still have body aches. Also, I noticed today that my pecs look much bigger than on Monday when I worked out, as well as my arms. Could this mean that my muscles repaired and those are the body aches I was feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment